Friday, September 6, 2013

TAST Embroidery Re-visited, Spring Garden & Leafy Greens

 

Spring is here at last and we have been having the most delightful warm spring weather.  Lovely sunny days and cool, good for sleeping, nights.

Plants in the garden are loving the conditions and some have decided to send forth their blossoms a little earlier than expected.

DSCN2117DSCN2118

Lavender given to me by my good friend, Shirley.  It is growing wild and I know it is wild because it has not had any special attention.  Goodness knows how it has survived.

DSCN2124DSCN2125

Some of the lavender came inside for display and the perfume is gorgeous.  Do you like my vase?  It is Venetian glass which I bought in the early 70’s when travelling around Europe on a 9 1/2 week bus tour with a heap of other young Aussies, Canadians, South Africans and New Zealanders.  It survived the journey along with a very heavy ashtray in similar colours.  I love it.

DSCN2121

Very vibrant iris also a plant given to us by Shirley.  (She has a green thumb)

DSCN2119

The magnificent unkillable white daisies which are stunning when all out like this.

Finally I felt in the mood to do a little more TAST stitching.  Alas, I never did complete 2012 stitches.  These latest samples are from the 2013 stitches and I decided to do a much simplified version of each stitch. 

TAST is conducted by Sharon over  on Pin Tangle.  You can join in whenever you like and learn some very interesting stitches.  I have close ups of a couple of favourites shown here.

DSCN2079

Top to Bottom : Knotted Feather St, Inverted Feather St. Raised Herringbone Band. Triangular Feather St. Herringbone Square and Laced Square Herringbone (combined) and Buttonholed Herringbone.

DSCN2080

Buttonholed Herringbone

DSCN2081

(oops blurry) Combined Herringbone square with Laced Square Herringbone

008

Do you like rocket?  I hadn’t had much experience of rocket until our neighbour grew masses of it and gave us some .  Now I am hooked on this leafy green which has an unusual, peculiar taste.  We are told by the medicos and nutritionists to eat our greens for optimum health and the rocket is lovely combined with other salad leaves.  Eat some rocket today!!

Now for some family photos.

012

Lilian is displaying her organic collection of bits and pieces she sourced from her Papa’s backyard.  She was very proud of her ‘allection’.  She is looking even more cute now that a few freckles are popping up.

 

014

L-R:  Lilian’s Papa, Lilians Grandad, Lilian and her mummy.

3 comments:

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

HAPPY SPRING DI. Love your lavender and especially in that lovely vase. Nice treasure indeed. Your Garden is looking very colorful. Your TAST stitches are great. I especially love the Herringbone buttonhole stitch. I am not even sure how to create this one. AND Lilian is such a sweetie. She is getting more precious everyday. Great family photo. Hugs Judy

Jen said...

Hello DI! Your vase looks lovely with the Lavender. We are enjoying warm spring weather also. I need Shirley for my garden. Nice to see you with the TAST stitching again I don't know about being "simplified"!!The stitches are wonderful. Lilian is so cute and pretty.

Lins Artyblobs said...

Love the iris, such a gorgeous colour.