Sunday, March 1, 2015

Birthdays & Weddings

Hello dear blogging friends.

014

Another birthday has happened – we cannot stop them – and why would we? 

My lovely quilting friends chucked a surprise and took me out to morning tea. They presented me with something really special. It has been kept secret for months – apparently.

Springs Garden world

We went to the cafe at Spring’s Garden World and they had wonderful cakes and goodies.  I have never seen such a large piece of carrot cake.  Compare it to Marleen’s lemon cheesecake!!!  Half of it came home in a take away box for my hubby to enjoy.  Thank you everyone for coming and making my 61st birthday so special.

006

They all pitched in and did these very gorgeous little embroidered blocks and I love how they have joined them with a mix of all the colours and fabric they know I love. Special thanks to Loretta who constructed the quilt and Alison who did THE most wonderful tiny hand quilting stitches.    Thank you also to Shirley, Marleen, Joan, Linda, Vicky, Marilyn and Dot.  You are truly wonderful friends to have.

Here is a collage close up of the embroideries – some nice little patterns here.

Embroideries on Quilt

Shirley surprised me with a Gelli Plate for my birthday and the Gelli Plate book to go with it.  It is something I have had on the wish list for ages.  Thank you my dear friend.

I will post some of my prints in the next blog or this one will get long and boring.  Gelli printing is sooooo much fun.

Gelli Plate Gifts

Marleen gifted me this bright and cheerful pot stand which she tells me she made using paper which is all lined out with the pattern and you simply sew on the lines.  Think it will be easier to commission her to make me some.

Pot Holder Marleen

Joan gave me this very soft knitted face cloth and the most delightful smelling soap (rose & geranium), and of course some of her special lace.  She is always giving me some of her lovely collection of laces.  Such a sweet friend.  The washer and soap was purchased from the gift shop next door to the Cuckoo clock centre at Cabarlah.  A shop that sounds like it needs checking out sometime!!

014

Our beautiful second daughter Bonnie is marrying soon and so her friends took her out for her final single fling last weekend.  That is her on the right and Rebecca on the left.

Bec & Bon hens 21.02.15

We are so looking forward to the wedding. 

Until next time -    Dianne.

7 comments:

Sue said...

Happy Birthday Di! The quilt is beautiful and that cake does look delish!

Suztats said...

What a wonderful way to celebrate your birthday! Lovely goodies you received, too. Happy Gelli playing!

Anni - My Creative Life and Mixed Media Books said...

Dianne I love the title on your blog, also love your post with so beautiful photos, wow that cake looks delicious, thanks for kind comment on my blog.
Anni

Stitching Lady said...

Happy happy belated birthday freetings to you, Dianne, and what a wonderful gift - absolutely dear. Good that you took half of the carrot cake to feed your DH - poor one had to stay at home while girls had certainly a very happy and funny outing.

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Hello DI, such very lovely birthday Pressies. Your embroidery quilt is gorgeous. Lucky you to have such wonderful creative friends. Hugs Judy

Marilyn said...

They are very lovely gifts, love the pot mat. Enjoy the wedding Di.

Jen said...

Happy belated Birthday greetings Di,. You are a lucky girl getting such a beautiful quilt, more precious being made by dear friends. Lovely gifts .Lilian enjoys her craft with her Nana ,they are times to cherish . Happy travels.