Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Patchwork Piecing

Patchwork piecing is not my thing really.

Toowoomba Quilters Club is conducting a block of the month at the moment with two blocks per month published in their newsletter. I decided to challenge myself and give it a go.

Overall, I am pretty happy with the results. They are not perfect - but they are mine!!

Block No 1 is called "Christmas Cards" (I chose to do a non-Christmas version)

Block No 2 is called Rick Rack Row

Our cute little granddaughter, Lilian, is doing ballet again this year. She seems to be a natural and is very good at pointing her toes and keeping a straight back. I was a proud Nana at her recent open day where Mummy's, Daddy's and grandparents could check out a lesson.

 

She loves it!

This spectacular wattle tree is in full bloom at my father's abode. When we arrived to visit him he was out enjoying the sun and admiring the tree. He is 87 years old next month and is still travelling on well despite all his ailments.

Dad and my sister xxx

Until next time ................ Dianne

 

6 comments:

Sue said...

I love your colour scheme in the blocks. Sometimes it is good to go out of your comfort zone. :) Lilian looks a beautiful ballerina.

Marilyn said...

Hello Di, the colours for the blocks of the month are beautiful, very well done. The wattle trees are also a lovely colour in the cold winter months they seem to warm the day. Lillian looks to be trying really hard at her dancing, she makes a lovely ballerina.

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Hello Di, your 2 patchwork blocks are fantastic... I think I have pretty much forgotten how to do atchwork anymore,, what a lovely photo of your dad and sister. Lilian is so very sweet..

Stitching Lady said...

I love to read all this - and see your Dad and sister! xxx

Jen said...

Hello Di, Your quilt is beautiful, I have always loved that pattern. Lilian being a ballet dancer she is gorgeous. A lovely photo of dad and your sister. Loved seeing all the beautiful wedding photos.

Radka said...

Your granddaughter looks so cute :-)
xx