Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Something I might have thrown away


Following along with Carolyn Dube and her January Challenge " Use Something that would have been Thrown Away", I painted up the packaging in which I received my new stencils in from Stencil Girl Products.Carolyn did one also (HERE) if you would like to see what she did. I would love to get her postage related stencils but I am having a 'no buy craft' month in January and February. Think I will save some pennies and have to indulge in some more fantastic stencils from Stencil Girl. There is so much you can do with stencils.
This side is not finished yet ( I think)
I used really bright colours on this side a la Carolyn and then my favourite stencil over it and then highlighted the flowers with a purple Sharpie and a white gel pen. The gel pen (Uni sigmo) did not do well over some of the surface for some reason.

Our darling grand daughter loves to dance and could not resist a frolic in the summer rain a few days ago. It brought back memories of my sister and me running around in the rain and jumping in puddles. :)

4 comments:

Özge Başağaç said...

Tha package turned out lovely, full of cheer. Speaking of which, your granddaughter looks adorable in the rain.I wish we could transfer a little bit of the joy of children to adults :)

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Lovely mail art! Ozge is right, we should learn to be a bit more like children!

Plush Possum Studio said...

Oooo! How pretty! I like the colors. Plus, the photo is sweet.

The Inspired Muse said...

The joy dancing in the rain can bring. She is so sweet. Love the bright colors and doodles.